Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

Lincoln Financial's EmployeeConnect service is your employee assistance program (EAP) at OU. On the Tulsa campus, the EAP service is provided by Family & Children's Services. The Employee Assistance Program provides professional and confidential help to faculty, staff, and their family members who are facing challenges. Just about everyone has challenges of one kind or another, at one time or another. Most people have had some experience with the kind of problems that make it difficult to think about anything else. These can be problems caused by alcoholism, drug abuse, financial problems, marriage or family concerns, worries about health, or difficulties at work. These are all good reasons to contact the EAP. Consider the EAP your first stop in seeking resources to tackle life's challenges. 

The EAP includes phone and web access to counselors, free face-to-face consultations, legal and financial resources, and much more. Contact information is to the left in the sidebar. 


Norman & HSC:

Username: LFGsupport
Password: LFGsupport1


Family & Children's Services

The purpose of the EAP is to help the employee find the best resources to deal with his or her particular problem. The EAP, in cooperation with the employee, does an assessment about the nature of the problem and the best avenue for help. Depending on the type of insurance program the employee has chosen, this may mean the use of community resources, or a suggestion for additional professional care. In certain cases, this might be provided through the EAP. If you decide to accept a referral to the program, you can be sure that no university records, other than confidential EAP files, will be kept. Whatever you discuss in the EAP office will remain absolutely confidential.

You or a family member may call the EAP office directly for information or to make an appointment. Your visit, what you discuss, and any resulting records pertaining to the service, are strictly confidential. What you talk about can't be released to anyone without your written authorization.

If a personal problem is negatively affecting your work, your supervisor may suggest a call to the EAP office. Most supervisors don't have the training or expertise to determine the nature of your personal problem. They can only look at the job situation and your performance. If you choose to call the EAP office based on a supervisory referral, the only information the supervisor will receive is confirmation that you kept your appointment or not, and if there is a need for special arrangements or time off from work.

Utilizing the EAP will not jeopardize your position or future promotions with the university; in fact, it may enhance your abilities to correct a difficult situation. On the other hand, it doesn't excuse you from the usual disciplinary procedures. The EAP is simply an additional resource for both employees and supervisors.

Neither you or your family members will be charged for the assessment and referral service you receive from the EAP office. In most cases, additional counseling and treatment are partially covered by your employee health insurance.

Here's a closer look at the procedures to follow when you or a member of your family contact the EAP office.

  1. You will visit with an EAP counselor, and together you'll determine the nature of the problem.
  2. Working with the EAP counselor, you will decide on a course of action to resolve the problem.
  3. The EAP counselor will suggest the agency, professional person, treatment center or program best equipped to help you. Most often a formal referral must come from your Primary Care Physician, but a suggestion for who or what program to utilize can be very helpful.
  4. The EAP counselor will continue to work with you and the agency, program or professional to make sure you are getting the best possible assistance.

Additional Services from Lincoln


LifeKeys services provide assistance to you and your loved ones for a wide range of concerns, including preparing a will and handling identity theft to emotional well-being and final preparations. And your beneficiary can use these services for grief counseling and more should you pass away.

To access LifeKeys services: Call 1-855-891-3684 or visit www.GuidanceResources.com (First-time user: Click on "Register" and use the Web ID = LifeKeys)

Learn more: LifeKeys Brochure (PDF flyer)


TravelConnect services cover emergency travel arrangements and free emergency medical help whenever you travel more than 100 miles from home for business or pleasure. Travel assistance services are subject to specific terms, conditions and limitations. A program description is available at www.Lincoln4Benefits.com. Once there, click the TravelConnect link and enter policy number 000010221305.

To use TravelConnect services, call UnitedHealthcare Global at 800-527-0218 or 410-453-6330, and provide them with ID number 322541.

Learn more: TravelConnect Employee Guide (PDF flyer)