The university allows employees to donate paid leave to eligible employees through the shared leave program. The employee receiving leave must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 12-month faculty or staff
- benefits-eligible appointment
- continuous employment with the university for at least 12 months
- used all paid leave, including but not limited to accrued paid leave, extended sick leave, and compensatory time
- experiencing a life-threatening or catastrophic health condition which has caused, or is likely to cause, the employee to take leave without pay.
Requests to receive or to donate leave must be submitted on the required forms below to the campus Shared Leave Committee. The Committee approves the distribution of shared leave.
- Shared leave is meant to cover only the duration of the life-threatening or catastrophic health condition for which it was approved.
- Donated paid leave is transferable between employees within each campus with the approval of the Shared Leave Committee.
- No employee shall be coerced, threatened, intimidated, or financially induced into donating paid leave.
- Employees receiving shared leave will not accrue paid leave.