OU Human Resources Records Department

Although the Human Resources Records teams do much of the transactional work relating to employment records, the university’s PeopleSoft Self-Service system allows employees to make some changes to their information. 

When to Use Self-Service

To access Employee Self-Service: https://hr.ou.edu/Self-Service

Self-Service allows employees to:

  • Review paycheck statements and earnings.
  • Update contact information and emergency contacts.
  • Update federal W-4 tax information and reprint W-2 tax statements.
  • Update marital status and dependent information.
  • Review benefits selections and enroll in benefits during annual benefits enrollment.
  • Review Training records.

To learn more about Employee Self-Service, please log into your account using the above link. You will need Duo and if you are not on campus, you will need to be logged into a VPN. If you have problems accessing Self-Service, please contact your campus IT Department.

Employment & Income Verification

For employment and salary verification, please visit https://hr.ou.edu/Verify-OU-Employment-Income.

When to Contact the OU HR Records Department

The OU Human Resources Records Departments are the recordkeepers of information involving employee records. This includes but is not limited to updating or viewing:

  • Date of Birth
  • Educational Records
  • Employment Information (History, Current Position, Salary, Location, Terminations, Dates of Employment)
  • Security Access to HR PeopleSoft

If you have questions about employee records, you can contact HR Records at HRRecords@ou.edu for employees in Norman Programs or HRRecords@ouhsc.edu for employees in Health Sciences Center programs.

For New Employees

For new employee paperwork and information, visit https://newemployee.ou.edu/

This site contains onboarding information as well as important paperwork that must be submitted prior to an employee’s start date with the university.

New Hire Paperwork and I-9 Submission

Submitting your new hire paperwork depends on which campus you work. 

Health Sciences Center Campus: HSC Campus employees will work with their HR department representative to submit all new hire paperwork. 

Norman Campus: New Norman employees will need to download new hire paperwork, located here: https://newemployee.ou.edu/Norman-Campus. When complete, paperwork will need to be submitted in person to the HR Records Department, located at 905 Asp Ave., Norman, OK 73019. Please do not send paperwork through postal mail unless instructed to do so by Human Resources Records personnel.

OU-Tulsa Campus: For non-SCM (School of Community Medicine) and Tulsa Norman programs new hires, paperwork must be submitted to Human Resources. 
School of Community Medicine and OU Physician hires may be submitted to the employee's department or Payroll Coordinator.

additional resources