This page provides information about the process of retiring from OU. It's recommended that you schedule a one-on-one meeting with an HR representative to review this process. Contact HR to make an appointment.
Changes to Insurance & Other Benefits At Retirement
Use the links below to review what happens to your insurance coverage and benefits when you retire or contact HR for more information.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts can be continued if you continue making contributions through COBRA through the end of the calendar year.
- Vision Insurance ends at the end of the month in which you retire unless you continue coverage through COBRA.
- Long Term Care coverage can be converted to an individual plan. You pay the premiums directly to CNA, the insurance provider.
- Paid Time Off balances of 336 hours or less can be paid out to you. You will accrue paid leave through your last month of employment.
- Extended sick leave balances are not paid out at termination or retirement. These hours can be used to earn service credit for the Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System (OTRS) under certain circumstances.